Fourthdraft Website Legal Terms and Disclaimer
IMPORTANT! YOUR ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE IS SUBJECT TO LEGALLY BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. CAREFULLY READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE PROCEEDING. ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE [BY HYPERLINKING OR BY TYPING IN http://fourthdraft.com/docs/terms OR BY CLICKING THE "I ACCEPT" BUTTON, BELOW] IS THE EQUIVALENT OF YOUR SIGNATURE AND INDICATES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THAT YOU INTEND TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THEM. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE CLICK ON THE "EXIT" BUTTON BELOW.
This Website Legal Terms and Disclaimer (the "Agreement") is an agreement between you ("You") and Fourthdraft Limited (the "Company"). "We" and "Us" means both You and the Company. The effective date of this Agreement is when You accept or are deemed to accept this Agreement in accordance with the procedure set out in this Agreement.
You hereby consent to the exchange of information and documents between Us electronically over the Internet or by email, if to You to any Internet user or if to the Company and that this electronic Agreement shall be the equivalent of a written paper agreement between Us.
1. Ownership and Copyright. You acknowledge that any and all information, content, reports, data, databases, graphics, interfaces, web pages, text, files, software, product names, company names, trade-marks, logos and trade-names contained on this website (collectively the "Content"), including the manner in which the Content is presented or appears and all information relating thereto, are the property of their respective owners as indicated, the Company or its licensors, as the case may be.
2. Permitted Use. The Company hereby grants to You a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive licence to access, read, upload and download Content.
3. Restrictions On Use. You agree that You will not:
4. License to Use Your Information. With the exception of personal information, You hereby grant to the Company the perpetual, unlimited, royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, transferable license to run, display, copy, reproduce, publish, bundle, distribute, market, create derivative works of, adapt, translate, transmit, arrange, modify, sublicense, export, merge, transfer, loan, rent, lease, assign, share, outsource, host, make available to any person or otherwise use any information or other content You provide on or through this website or which is sent to the Company by email or other correspondence, including, without limitation, any ideas, concepts, inventions, know-how, techniques or any intellectual property contained therein, for any purpose whatsoever. The Company shall not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding any such information unless specifically agreed to by the Company in writing or required by law. You represent and warrant that you have the right to grant the licence set out above.
YOU MAY ACCESS, CORRECT AND DELETE YOUR OWN PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED BY COMPANY AND THIRD PARTIES BY EITHER USING THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE WEBSITE WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO DO SO, OR BY CONTACTING US at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
6. Limitations on Liability and Disclaimers.
ALTHOUGH THIS WEBSITE USES OR MAY USE ENCRYPTION SECURITY, THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT PERSONAL INFORMATION AND TRANSACTIONS ON THIS WEBSITE OR ON THE INTERNET WILL BE MAINTAINED CONFIDENTIAL AND SECURE. THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND THE COMPANY ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY PERTAINING TO THE CONTENT, YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE RECEIPT, STORAGE, TRANSMISSION OR OTHER USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
This website and its Content are not to be construed as a form of promotion or an offer to sell any product or service. This website may contain links to other sites. The Company does not assume responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness of the information, data, opinions, advice or statements contained at such sites, and when You access such sites, You are doing so at Your own risk. In providing links to the other sites, the Company is in no way acting as a publisher or disseminator of the material contained on those other sites and does not seek to monitor or control such sites. A link to another site should not be construed to mean that the Company is affiliated or associated with same. THE COMPANY DOES NOT RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE ANY OF THE CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY HYPERLINKS TO, OR CONTENT FOUND, ON OTHER WEBSITES. The mention of another party or its product or service on this website should not be construed as an endorsement of that party or its product or service.
The Company will not be responsible for any damages You or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission, storage or receipt of confidential or proprietary information that You make or that You expressly or implicitly authorize the Company to make, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted, stored or received information.
You are solely responsible for the retrieval and use of the Content. You should apply Your own judgement in making any use of any Content, including, without limitation, the use of the information as the basis for any conclusions.
THE CONTENT MAY NOT BE ACCURATE, UP TO DATE, COMPLETE OR UNTAMPERED, AND IS NOT TO BE RELIED UPON.
THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS A RECOMMENDATION FOR ANY SPECIFIC PRODUCT OR SERVICE, USE OR COURSE OF ACTION. THE CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED TO BE USED AS A SUBSTITUTE OF ANY KIND FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. IT IS YOUR DUTY TO OBTAIN PROFESSIONAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LEGAL PROFESSIONAL TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. YOU SHOULD NOT ACT OR RELY ON ANY OF THE CONTENT WITHOUT SEEKING ADVICE OF A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THIS WEBSITE AND ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND SOFTWARE ON THIS WEBSITE OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS, OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES AS TO UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OPERATION, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, LEGALITY, SUITABILITY, PRIVACY, SECURITY, MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THOSE ARISING OUT OF A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, AGGRAVATED, ECONOMIC OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF THE COMPANY OR ANY OF ITS LAWFUL AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR CLAIM.
IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OR LOSSES RESULTING FROM: VIRUSES, DATA CORRUPTION, FAILED MESSAGES, TRANSMISSION ERRORS OR PROBLEMS; TELECOMMUNICATIONS SERVICE PROVIDERS; LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES; THE INTERNET BACKBONE; PERSONAL INJURY; THIRD PARTY CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY YOU OR YOUR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR SUBCONTRACTORS; LOSS OF USE OR LACK OF AVAILABILITY OF FACILITIES, INCLUDING COMPUTER RESOURCES, ROUTERS AND STORED DATA; THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT; ANY OTHER WEBSITE ACCESSED TO OR FROM THIS WEBSITE; OR EVENTS BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF THE COMPANY, EVEN IF THE COMPANY OR ANY OF ITS LAWFUL AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR CLAIM.
IN NO CASE WILL THE COMPANY'S, ITS AFFILIATES', AGENTS', LICENSORS', SUPPLIERS' AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS', OFFICERS' AND EMPLOYEES' CUMULATIVE TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING UNDER ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) BE FOR MORE THAN THE AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT TO ACCESS THIS WEBSITE, IN THE YEAR IN WHICH THE CLAIM AROSE.
THE COMPANY ASSUMES NO OBLIGATION TO UPDATE THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE. THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY FIND UNDESIRABLE OR OBJECTIONABLE. THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REPRODUCTION OF ANY PORTION OF THE WEBSITE. ACCESSING THE CONTENT FROM TERRITORIES WHERE IT MAY BE ILLEGAL IS PROHIBITED.
7. Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated by the Company, with or without cause, in the Company's sole and unfettered discretion. The Company may terminate this Agreement without notice to You if You fail to comply with any of its terms. Any such termination by the Company shall be in addition to and without prejudice to such rights and remedies as may be available to the Company, including injunction and other equitable remedies.
The disclaimers, limitations on liability, ownership, termination, interpretation, Your licence to the Company, Your warranty and the indemnity provisions of this Agreement shall survive the termination or expiry of this Agreement.
8. Indemnity. You agree at all times to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Company, its agents, suppliers, affiliates and their respective directors and employees against all actions, proceedings, costs, claims, damages, demands, liabilities and expenses whatsoever (including legal and other fees and disbursements) sustained, incurred or paid by the Company directly or indirectly in respect of:
9. Governing Law. The Company, this website and the Content (excluding linked websites or content) are physically located within the Province of Ontario, Canada. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada, and shall be treated in all respects as an Ontario contract, without reference to the principles of conflicts of law. In the event of a dispute, We agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Ontario courts. We expressly exclude the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, and the International Sale of Goods Act (Ontario) as amended, replaced or re-enacted from time to time. You agree to waive any right You may have to: (i) a trial by jury; and (ii) the commencement of or participation in any class action against Company related to this website, the Content or this Agreement and, where applicable, You also agree to opt out of any class proceedings against Company or its licensors. We have required that this Agreement and all documents relating thereto be drawn up in English.
10. Interpretation. The division of this Agreement into sections and the insertion of headings are for convenience of reference only and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of this Agreement. In this Agreement, words importing the singular number include the plural and vice versa; words importing gender include all genders; and words importing persons include individuals, sole proprietors, partnerships, corporations, trusts and unincorporated associations. All references to money amounts in this Agreement, unless otherwise specified, are in Canadian dollars.
11. Entire Agreement. This Agreement as it may be amended from time to time in accordance with the provisions of Section 12, and any and all other legal notices and policies on this website, constitutes the entire agreement between You and the Company with respect to the use of this website and the Content.
12. Amendment and Waiver. The Company reserves the right, in its discretion, to amend this Agreement at any time by posting amendments on this website. You are responsible for periodically reviewing the amendments on this website, and You are deemed to be aware of such amendments. If You do not agree to the amended terms and conditions, You shall immediately stop using this website. Access to this website or use of this website after any amendments have been posted shall constitute Your acknowledgement and acceptance of the amended terms and conditions. No supplement, modification or amendment to this Agreement and no waiver of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding on the Company unless executed by the Company in writing. No waiver of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be deemed to be or shall constitute a waiver of any other provision (whether or not similar) nor shall such waiver constitute a continuing waiver unless otherwise expressly provided.
13. Severability. Any provision of this Agreement which is held by a court of competent jurisidiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in such jurisdiction shall, as to that jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability and shall otherwise be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law, all without affecting the remaining provisions of this Agreement or affecting the legality, validity or enforceability of such provision in any other jurisdiction.
14. Enurement. This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon each of Us and our respective successors and permitted assigns. You acknowledge having read this Agreement before accepting it, having the authority to accept this Agreement and having received a copy of this Agreement.
15. Revisions to this Agreement. Fourthdraft from time to time, may make changes to this Agreement to reflect changes in its legal or regulatory obligations or in the manner in which we deal with your personal information. We will post any revised version of this Agreement on our website and we encourage you to refer back to it on a regular basis. This Agreement was last updated on August 25, 2011 and is numbered 0001. You may view prior versions of the Agreement by contacting the Company as per Clause 5 above.
� Fourthdraft Limited, 2011, Ontario and all trade-marks on this website are the trade-marks of Fourthdraft Limited.